Monday, January 3, 2011

My Prayer to my dad



Six children later can you say you have done right by us. I pray that you find love to accept and love all your children openly. I pray that you learn that your children are not a hobby but human beings that survive on love. I pray that they love enough to take care of you when you get old. I pray that you have been around your other two daughters enough that they would want you to walk them down the isle. Because I prefer the women that raised me. I pray you wake up crying for me as I use to do for you. I pray you change for the sake of your children that do not already hate you. I pray that you are capable to love your children like you have love countless women before. I pray for change, I pray you change. I forgive you for abandoning your first born because of a fight you had with my mother. Nothing should keep you away from your children. I pray your pride subsides so that you can be vulnerable enough to show your children that you love them. I pray you stop being a punk and put your children number one in your life. I pray you have much success in your life because you do not need to be a failure at anything else. I pray you learn to hug and kiss your children. I pray you learn that your children are not trophies but people, you can not claim their accomplishments if you had no help with molding them. I pray you become the man you want to me, the father you need to be and the grandfather you will eventually be.

I can't make excuses for you. I love you for helping to give me life, because my personality is just like yours. I hate you for allowing my mother to raise her own while you enjoyed your life and created more kids you would not take care of. But I forgive you because I can not allow my demons to follow me through out life.

No comments: