Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just me

Do not judge me for my name

Yes my name is Fantashia Shelic Hamilton

But it is my crown not to be confused with

GHETTO

Yes I am from Brooklyn

A borough people only read about what want to call it the hood

People look at me and judge but my accomplishment speaks for themselves

Yes I am a women with tattoos and a piercing

Does that make me unqualified to make a difference

You want to plaster me with fake labels

As if I cannot live up to greatest

I am a leader

Many doors have closed within my face but

Many doors have holes in them from me kicking them down

You may judge me

And believe that I am a product of my community

I will accept it because Brooklyn has birth me not to take any bullshit from anyway

To make a way when there is no way and continue to crawl even if you have been knocked down

I am not sorry for anything life has handed me

They are simply experiences that I have lived through

Which is why I am a

FIGHTER

No comments: