Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Two and a half

Two and a Broken half

I am deeply sadden that something I helped build is not turning out to be what I would like it to be. I build an organization from my love sweat and tears and watched it turn into some type of sex organizations. There are enough things out there promoting sex education but not sexual assault awareness. The organization I so once loved is falling victim to being more concerned about numbers than the message it is being put out. I HAD faith in everyone that I voted to be on the E-board but has no one not spoken up towards these topics? I feel rather torn like how can I feel so harshly towards something I made. Probably because the message is no longer what I envisioned. It is only what makes everyone else happy, and not breaking down barriers like it should be.

I hear complaints about members that I voted for an it makes me sad. People I thought I could trust I left with the highest positions and those are the people that let me down. Traditions that we held like E-board grab bag, dinner and a movie, and Sexual Assault Awareness Conference were all cut out of the promote sex curriculum. I find myself sick to my stomach because this is what I did not want. I did not want a program I love, something symbolic to me to fall to ashes. Seems like all the members that we suppose to be executive were more concerned with the wrong agenda. I quiet hold my tongue as I am filled with regret for the organization that I so desperately love is being ripped apart.

No comments: